I watched the launch live and was yelling along with the people at the Cape and
Mission Control.  I would liken this to the days when we were launching the
Apollo missions as far as excitement, and I think the people yelling and
cheering in the background was simply amazing and appropriate.  What country
and people in this world have the ability to do something like this privately?

When I saw the first images of the Starman in the Tesla I couldn’t keep from
laughing out loud.  I’m not sure if everyone here got the references to
“Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” - that’s the “Don’t Panic” on the dashboard
display and the towel and copy of the book that’s in the glove compartment of
the car.

There are other “easter eggs” in the car:

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Eight-Easter-eggs-aboard-SpaceX-s-Falcon-Heavy-12557072.php#item-85307-tbla-5

Watching the two boosters land almost simultaneously back at the Cape was
nothing short of amazing.  It’s unfortunate the center booster didn’t make it
back intact, but considering the complexity of such a mission, I’d be pretty
darned happy today if I was Elon Musk.

-D