Many people seem to think that having a radar detector somehow makes
them immune to tickets. If you think this way, (1) you'll end up
getting tickets, and (2) your radar detector becomes a "ticket
announcer". It still requires a lot of common sense and
reasonable/prudent speeds. You can't set the cruise on 90 in a 65 zone
and sit back and relax, wait for a 'beeeeep' and then casually slow
down, expecting to cruise past the nice officer at 64. Don't work that
way.

Last ticket I got was 4 years ago, before I got my V-1... and that
ticket also taught me that my speedometer was 4% slow (which I later
verified with a GPS - D'OH!!). I now know exactly how far off each of
my speedometers are... most are within 1-3% though. A little
edumacation goes a long way.

:)

-dm