Many times in the past i have been able to glue the gear to the shaft. I used epoxy but there are probably better adhesives available. JB Weld, gorilla glue etc. Be sure to degrease the gear and shaft first. If you can roughen up the bonding surfaces with emery cloth that is helpful also.

At 09:54 AM 3/24/2006, you wrote:

On Mar 24, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Jim Cathey wrote:

> How's the odometer?  Every time I've called our local speedo shop
> the _first_ thing they say to check is the odometer.

        Non-functional

>   Does it track
> the mile markers?  If not, you've got a gearing problem.

        This I'm aware of

> If it
> tracks, then you have a calibration problem within the speedometer
> itself.  25% is a lot to be off via a gear.

        25% is a lot to be off expecting calibration to remedy. I need the
info requested to make an educated guess. If in fact there is a
difference in rotating speed of the magnet between Euro and US all
the recalibration in the world would not solve the problem. I'll be
replacing the odometer gear next week after pulling my IC and
counting teeth as per odometergears.com's suggestion.
        I can however see how not turning the odometer could create less
friction allowing the speedo to read high as mine does.
        I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of this.

> -- Jim

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am