Looks like the Large Women River have this set of bits that includes the dipstick and plug and connector.  I'll have to take a look at the vehicle to see what it has or doesn't, it it looks like leaks in there.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-917-299-Transmission-Filler-Lock/dp/B00FLFMU8O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JJ58QAX2X6R0S3XGYNKG

There are cheaper ones listed below the combo that appear to be the same.

The kid said he had changed the conductor plate out and cleaned the valve body but still nogo.  I presume at that point he put in new fluid and filter.  I'll have to ask him once I have a chance to get smarter on this topic.

That spring looks intriguing, if I get in there I'll have to see if that bit is broken.  Looks like it can be removed without removing the valve body.

Weekend fun after I get the $500E300D water pump replaced.

--FT