So I have pressure bled the 124 wagon brakes about three times now and no
air comes out any more. I drained at least a pint each caliper this time.
No leaks from any of the calipers when pumping pedal with nipples tight.

This is a non-asr car.

Pedal will pump up but then goes to the floor with sustained pressure. If
you pump it up then let up for a few seconds and push again it goes  way
down before any resistance. Probably not going to stop the car at the foot
of my driveway.

My thought is to replace or rebuild the master cylinder, because maybe the
pedal was pushed too far down while bleeding.

Is the collective wisdom to use ATE only, or is meyle just as good (or
others)? And has anyone just rebuilt the original cylinder with new seals?

Thanks