Cool! It is such a shame that now JFK would be thrown out of the D party, branded as a right wing dangerous radical, and vilified by the press.

Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 2, 2018 at 9:20 PM
I shook hands with two presidents, including George HW Bush at a receiving
line at a diplomatic function in NYC in 1973. Very decent guy.

15 years earlier I met JFK in an elevator at my local NY public library
when he was a US Senator. He was all alone and looked impressive in his
navy blue cashmere overcoat (it was the winter of 1958) We were staunch
Democrats so my mother made a point of telling JFK how much we admired
him. He had an aura about him that even I as a kid recognized was special.