> On December 14, 2018 at 7:30 PM Curley McLain via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> "Oh!  The station will refill your Lektrik cah for free.   Lektricity is
> free and it is made by a box at the station with a big black cord."
> (sez the purple haired "girl" protester.)

During the blowout sales at the end of 2016, I was trying to get a MD dealer to
lease me a Spark EV and register it in Oregon. Deal fell through when they
refused to do it without an Oregon driver's license.

With a 76 mile commute, 80 miles if I go out to lunch, I figured it would be
hard on the battery, and probably impossible in the snow, if I couldn't charge
at work. The good news is that the city government put a free Level 2 charger a
block away from work in the summer of 2016. I could have plugged in for the
morning, and then gone and fetched the car at lunchtime so I didn't hog the
charger all day. Figured I'd get 2/3 of my commuting power for free that way.

Turns out it was a good thing I didn't get the car, because by the fall of
2017, the city charger was wrapped in yellow police tape and taken out of
service. I don't know if it broke and nobody wanted to pay to fix it, after
paying to install it, or if they got tired of paying the electric bill for the
two Volts and the Leaf I occasionally saw parked there. Last time I was there
in August, it was still shut down, so I guess it's gone for good.

Mitch.