Speaking of history, keep in mind that when Bertha Benz took her little day
trip, there were no dedicated fuel stations, no dedicated road system with
signs, street lights, etc. No trained mechanics or parts stores. No "big oil"
to produce and distribute the fuel, oil, grease.  All that infrastructure had
to be created and built so that we could enjoy the liberty and resulting
productivity gain from cars and trucks.

So I don't buy into the argument that electric cars are doomed because of a
lack of infrastructure. The major hurtle is range, and then cost. Those will be
overcome. We'll need a much larger electrical infrastructure, that will be very
expensive. Who will bear that cost?  Probably us tax payers...
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC