Yes no amount of bulbs is going to fix this bulb out light either Im afraid.

Anyway one guy had the same syndrome and traced it to a wire from the fuse
box to the lamp failure module. So it could really be anywhere:

   -
   geoffreymbrown

   BenzWorld Junior MemberJoin: Dec 2009Posts: 20Bloomington, Indiana
   Apr 09, 2011 ยท #10
   Oops -- life seems to have gotten in the way of slaying this gremlin. So
   I've followed the advice and did the following test with my multimeter.
   With the lamp control module removed, but high beams on I get 12v at x1-1
   (left high power) but not at x1-3 (right high power) to the lamp control
   module. I do get power at both fuses (15 & 16) so it would appear theres an
   issue with the wire from fuse 16 to x1-3.
   Not sure I want to pull the fuse box to fix this. Out of curiosity --
   how problematic a task would it be ?

I will pull the voltmeter tomorrow and go after it a bit more.

*Thanks.*