We have a 450 acre solar farm going in across the road from my house next year.
 All the neighbors are in an uproar, but I see it as certain power any time the
sun is shining, the substation to handle it is about 300 yards from the
house....

Between wind, solar, and natural gas fired turbine generators, who in their
right mind would mess around with dirty, expensive, un-reliable and hard to
maintain coal fired plants?  No scrubbers, no ash, no mercury, no arsenic, no
sulfuric acid mist, what's to miss?

Peter