We have a 300 acre solar “farm” going in to an adjacent county that is largely
agricultural and rural.  A number of homeowners around the site had a blowout
because they said it would “change the character” of the area.

I’m not sure how going from grassy meadows with cattle grazing to a large solar
farm with grass growing under it would change the “character" of anything.
Sure, it’s going to look different, but functionally, the land will remain
unchanged. For that matter, I would welcome it strictly from the standpoint
that it would keep some people away….

-D