All the more reason to experiment some more. Think of the $$ to be earned if you came up with a means of making all these ratty cars look like new.

RB

On 11/01/2019 12:55 PM, OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
I tried that on both the '78 450SLC and the '90 300D 2.5T from Snook. Total
failure in both cases. The areas sprayed with the clear (after sanding and
feathering, etc.) still looked like bad spots, just different than before.
I think stripping and repainting is the only way to make one look good
again, or just leave it alone and live with it (lowers the theft risk?).

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:08 AM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <