I've been buying the canned stuff for the saw. It's expensive but I only use
maybe a half gallon a year and as it doesn't go bad it's worth it.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM, Mitch Haley via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> On January 13, 2019 at 6:56 AM Larry Turner via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>   I wish the corn
> farmers would let that go!

Five years ago, if I wanted petroleum based gasoline, I could go to the
airplane pumps (at airstrips that aren't staffed 24/7) and get a jug of 100LL,
or I could drive 90 miles to Lake Michigan and and pay avgas prices for mogas
at a marina.

But the last 2-3 years, E0 outlets have been popping up all over, for around $1
a gallon more than 87 octane E10. Now I can buy 'outdoor power equipment fuel'
(89 octane non ethanol) about 25 miles away in Nashville or Mason. Or for a
dollar a gallon more than 89 octane I can still get 100LL at the airport ten
miles away on weekends (when the pump asks for my registration number, I tell
it I'm putting 5 gallons of gasoline in Air Force One). For my purposes the 89
octane is actually a better fuel than avgas.  Last fall I didn't bother with
getting a jug of E0 for the generator, I now keep the generator empty and once
a month I dump my 6 gallons of generator gas in a car and buy fresh generator
gas.

I bought half a gallon of Top Tier 93 octane E10 for the chain saws a couple
weeks ago. In April I'll dump any leftovers in a lawn mower. Fortunately
there's one Marathon station in Charlotte that has a separate hose for each
grade of fuel, so I actually get 93 octane when I buy a small quantity of 93
octane. Does anybody know how much gas you have to pump before the grade you're
buying comes out of a single hose multigrade pump?

Mitch