They rented you a $1000 tool with the agreement you'd only use the special fuel
in it, you used other stuff anyway, and demanded they refund your money?

Here's a true story that made me somewhat mad just hearing about it.
A friend of mine loaned his Stihl saw to his boss at the university, along with
his can of carefully mixed premium gas and Stihl synthetic oil. You can borrow
my saw, I'll even furnish the gas, but ONLY MY GAS GOES IN MY SAW.

Professor bossman gives it back with the full can of gas.
When questioned on it, the good Doctor informed him that he had some old gas in
the shed at the cabin he needed to get rid of (and didn't think it was good
enough to run in bossman's mower).

Mitch.