> On January 13, 2019 at 3:00 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> White gas doesn't have any octane, so no. The hardware store has cans of E0
> in various 2 stroke mixes, something like $15/gal but the saw and weed eater
> like it.

My buddy in the Stihl story has been running that stuff for the last five years
or so, about as long as I've been mixing sawgas by the half gallon instead of
the gallon. So he pays $5-6 for a qt instead of paying $2 for a half gallon
like I do. Sounds costly, but I'm sure he doesn't miss the extra $10 a year in
his pocket and life's easier when all you have to do is grab a sealed can of
gas off the shelf when you want to go cut firewood. And life's much easier now
that he never has to take his saw in for a carburetor rebuild.

Mitch.