As with most statistics, it depends on what and how you measure and where
you look. I found this for my son when his future mother-in-law was scared
that her daughter was going to die riding with him:

"Americans have a 1 in 114 chance of dying in a car crash, according
to the National
Safety Council
<http://www.nsc.org/learn/safety-knowledge/Pages/injury-facts-chart.aspx>.
The odds of dying in air and space transport incidents, which include
private flights and air taxis
<http://fortune.com/2017/02/16/dubai-travel-drones-air-taxi-ehang-184/>,
are 1 in 9,821. That’s almost three times better chances than you meeting
your fate by choking on food."

http://fortune.com/2017/07/20/are-airplanes-safer-than-cars/

Or:
"measure accidents on a per-mile basis, rather than by the amount of time
spent in the vehicle. Breaking out the data per mile puts the accident rate
of private aviation at one-sixth the accident rate in automobiles"

https://www.livescience.com/49701-private-planes-safety.html

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 12:43 AM archer75--- via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> "Cars are safer than planes, if you compare trips. And planes are safer
> than cars, if you compare miles. Small planes are about 1 death per every
> 100,000 hours, That ends up being more than cars by any measure. ... It's
> definitely safer to fly in a small plane than drive in a car, but only
> 18.5% safer…"
>

> https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=safety+of+small+plane+flying+versus+car+driving
> G Mann wrote:
> > Three most useless things in aviation:
> > 1. Fuel still in the pump on the ground.
> > 2. Runway behind you.
> > 3. Altitude above you.
> > BTDT.... all aviation wrecks start and end on the ground.. plan ahead.
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 12:39 PM OK Don via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, and most of your cars are decades newer than my airplane - 1957.

> > > other

> imagine
> DIY’er. To

>  And

> guy's
> > > road
> the
> > > two
> > > the
> round

> car,
> happen.

> nice
> > > road
> > > found
> need

> the

> up the
> well,
> road.
> piece
> > > of

> put
> > > SL500
> into
> > > her

> Yup.
> the
> > > MB

> > > --
> > > OK Don
> > >
> > > *“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and
> many of
> > > our people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain
> > >
> > > "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The
> few who
> > > learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric
> fence
> > > for themselves."
> > >
> > > WILL ROGERS, *The Manly Wisdom of Will Rogers*
> > > 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> > > 2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
> > > 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!

> --