I was able to drag the new trans under the car, and get it up on top of the jack, then get the pig in the barn, but I can't get it to go the last 1/2" or so.  It is raining now, so I am on a forced intermission. It is resting on the tc and the floor jack and a bottle jack.  if the tc and the flex plate are not lined up perfectly, will that keep it from sliding forward?

When I had the engine out, I did what is supposed to be bad, bolt the tc to the flexplate, then slide the engine/tc into the trans.  it went in slick as a whistle, and none of the dire consequences prophesied happened.