Randy, it might be a matter of apples and tangerines.  There were a number of
asian autos I have owned that I liked and gave good service.  For some reason
most of them were not held onto for overly long, being upgraded to fresher
asian iron by SWMBA.

This group likes the reliability of those basic cars with stars from back in
the day, which a person can work on.  The older asian cars are now the
everyman’s car for the youth to hot rod, much as their grandfathers did before
them, but with American iron.  We like the German iron to put right, not molest
as the critters on FB seem prone to.  A motto for the Benz contingent might be
“built proper, keep it right”.

The new generation of cars are difficult for the shade tree wrench to keep
right, as one needs the skills of Martha Penoff to do it right most of the time
with computers and gizmos instead of a set of spanners and a basic
understanding of up/down, left/right.

Cars of the past decade have become more robotic, complex, and expensive to put
right.  With my move out of the old Benz fold, I am looking at hanging up my
tools, since there is no way I can fiddle with the computers in these new cars.
 It took me three days to figure out how to reset the nanny message in the jeep
after changing the oil.  I did reset the automagic compass, date and time,
service interval, personal preferences for lighting, seating, gauges,
deprogrammed the garage opener button, and may have caused another mystery
battery drain while punching up buttons on the control console.

I do not need or want a car that thinks it is smarter then I am.

clay