> On December 23, 2019 at 8:31 PM Clay Monroe via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> The move was seen locally as a middle finger to the union.  I seem to recall
> is following on a prolonged labor action that shut things down for a while.
> May have been coincidental to opening the SC plant that has no unions.  It
> did open up a bunch of very large and expensive residential real estate,
> which impacted the top of the market when the executives moved to ChiTown

My nephew in law took an executive job with Amgen in February, got laid off on
Halloween or the day before.
They bought a 4bdr house in W Greenwich RI in April. You know what it's like to
sell an executive level home in western RI when the only major employer nearby
just laid off a bunch of executives? Pfizer was the only one willing to offer
$100k of capital loss protection as part of their new hire relocation service,
so his next job was with Pfizer. Then he got his W2, $100k more taxable wages
than he expected...

Mitch.