Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Tomorrow I will try to put power directly to the solenoid and see if
> that energizes it and I can get this thing started.

Pick up a remote starter switch at FLAPS. Should be under $20. Mine has
come in handy several times over the years to bypass everything else and
verify that the starter solenoid and starter works.

Have you checked the transmission neutral safety switch? Try starting in
Neutral instead of Park, or wiggling the shift lever while you try to
start.

Allan