I'm considering mini-splits (probably a big not so mini four way one) as I have
hot water baseboard heat and window AC.

The windowsills are getting trashed from the window units, the house isn't
sealed well, and I have absolutely no intentions of ever giving up my baseboard
hot water heat, so my options are a central unit in the attic with holes in the
ceiling and heat loss through the ducting or mini-splits.

I'm thinking for 7 grand I can put a four split in, large unit in the living
room which will do the kitchen and my bedroom (converted porch with a brick
internal wall) and one each in the three bedrooms at the back of the house.
That would locate the exterior part near the electric service and no more than
15 ft from any of the interior units.

Cheaper than the metal shingles I put on a few years back.