I've only done 3/4 ton singles. You have more outdoor units, but they're
small and quiet. No problems with minimum BTUs being too high when you
only need to run one indoor unit at low speed. If there's a failure, all
the other units still work. And I don't recall a three ton with four
cassettes being any cheaper than four 3/4 tons. Biggest advantage to a
multi split that I can think of offhand is you only need one circuit
breaker to power it.

Mitch.