> Mitchell wrote:

> Biggest advantage to a multi split that I can
> think of offhand is you only need one circuit breaker to power
> it.

The big commercial Mitsubishi is clever enough to use the heat
from cooling one room to warm another.  Can't do that with
separate systems - but maybe the residential won't do that anyway.

And I'll admit there may be less need.  A theater building with a
room full of light dimmers and amps gets warm enough to need
cooling even when other rooms might want heat.  Less likely to
happen in a house, I would think.  Although, the south rooms with
lots of sun could be "cooled" to warm other rooms...