I think anyone's experience with an insurer as an opposing party is
going to be different from their experience as the insured.

The one time I had to deal with a claim against someone who hit me, it
was fortuanately not too bad but I definitely had to "keep the ball
moving" with phone calls, getting repair estimates, and other