Have you driven anything that has on screen for HVAC? I hate it, you have to
take your eyes off the road while adjusting. Very distracting, I'd much rather
have a real dial.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 2:57 PM, Allan Streib via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Jim Cathey <jim.cathey...@gmail.com>
writes:

>> Leave it powered up all the time? How much current does a Pi doing
>> noting draw? More than a clock or other "always on" accessories?
>
> About 100-1000 times more.  An ampere or so.  Not Recommended.
>
> A Pi is the wrong choice for this kind of chore.  Mostly because of
> the Linux desktop-ey software it's running.

Hm. Never messed with a Pi or anything similar. Surprised it doesn't
have a very low power or "sleep" capability but maybe that's more than
was contemplated in the design so it wasn't included.

Agree that a full general purpose computer and OS is way more than
needed, though I had occasionally thought about using trying to use
something like that to replace the ACC in my W116. I imagined a small
LCD or e-Paper display in the panel where the vertical control buttons
are, showing the inside/outside temp, operating mode (heat, defrost, AC
on/off), etc.

Allan