The only problem is the filter isn't being changed. If you've got crud
clogging up the filter, the flush either leaves it there or pulls it
on through the filter. Both are bad.

I took my daughter's Pathfinder in for a 60K service one time when she
was in a hurry and I couldn't fdo it. I specified I didn't want the
tranny flushed, but wanted them to drop the pan and replace the
filter. About a month later, she was stranded when the transmission
refused to go into gear. Pulled the drain plug and found Kaleb's pepto
in the pan. When I got the tranny to a rebuilder I trust, he mentioned
that the pan had never been off before. Still had the sealant gunk
from the factory on it. Hindsight, of course, would leave me to
suspect the shop that did the 60K service flushed it with
water-contaminated fluid.

I want to see the seal on the transmission fluid bottles break myself now!

Gary Thompson
1995 E320