I've had very good luck with just the cheapest tire store snow tires. My 240Ds
were the finest snow cars I've ever had when properly equipped. I suspect a 617
turbo car would be a little less drivable due to the extra power but should
still do well.
"All Season" tires can be okay, my 2015 Jetta has Falken branded ones that do
pretty well but nothing beats dedicated snows.
Interestingly the General Grabber AT2 I put on the 2010 Dodge RAM 1500 are also
excellent in the snow but they carry the snow mountain symbol. Two of the four
are now worn out and I was disappointed to find they've been discontinued. I
hope the Grabber 3s are as good.
-Curt

    On Monday, October 12, 2020, 8:57:18 PM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > I've tried sandbags in the trunk. It helps, but only a little. I think
> the tires have been my downfall.

In all probability.  I swear by Hakkapeliittaa studded snow tires, the
difference is truly amazing and they last forever.  (I get 7-10 years
out of a set.)

-- Jim