Tires Plus, a national tire retailer, has a shop nearby that use on occasion.
They actually have a spreader bar for doing Mercedes alignments, to give you an
idea of their skill set. I also take advantage of their in house credit card,
as they’ll often give you 6 or 12 months same as cash. Better to let someone
else be the bank and pay them before they charge you interest.

Right now they have a really good promotion on Firestone tires, with $100 spiff
if you use their in house account. They have a very limited choice of Firestone
tires, so I did my due diligence and found one (Firestone “Weathergrip”) that
is an all season but highly rated in snow. So I make an appointment to get the
tires installed and the alignment checked on the 24th, the day after my in
house account closes (gain a month on them, too!)

The next day (Saturday) I get an email for their scheduling system saying my
appointment has been cancelled and I need to call the store to find out why.

So I call and talk to “Ghee”, a guy that’s been a service writer for them for
some years.

“So Ghee, why did they cancel my appointment?”

“We don’t do snow tires.”

“They aren’t snow tires. Please tell me where in the description it says “snow
tires””.

“Well, we’ve never sold these before and there aren’t any in a 100 mile radius.”

“What about the warehouse?”

“They’re closed on the weekend. I’ll call them Monday, but I don’t think  I can
get them.”

“Then why do you advertise them on the web site?”

<silence>

Anyway, I’ll wait to hear from Ghee tomorrow about my “snow tires”.

Understand that this will be a summer car, and the likelihood that it will ever
be driven in snow is astronomically small. However, if I can get an AS tire
that’s good in snow, I’ll go that route to cover my bottom.

-D