I will say this I have worked remotely the last 15 years. At my previous job we
had company meetings and people got to know each other there pretty well. Aside
from that we got to know each other well on our weekly calls, just calling each
other for help etc. We were not millennials though and probably know how to
interact with people be it in person or remote. At my new job which I have been
at a year, some folks I have been out on site with have developed into
friendships somewhat. Most of these are older folks my age. We have a ton of
millennials that work for us and no relationship has been built with them at
all. One guy I did a couple of installs with is about my age and he said when
he is paired up with somebody he will ask them 3 non work related questions. If
by the 3rd question they have not asked him some sort of not work related
question, he is done trying with them. We are talking about things such as
favorite movie, hobbies, stuff like that. He says almost all of them will
answer but never ask him anything in return to keep the conversation going.

Sent from my iPhone