It looks like this guy restores vehicles. There is a section of his ebay
page that shows several other vehicles for sale. All of them that I looked
at are also immaculate. And the old Caddie is admittedly restored (and he's
asking some $50k).

I would say that even if the SD in question truly did have such low miles,
it has been - if not restored - at least detailed extensively. The condition
of the various parts indicate that they have been either meticulously
maintained, or replaced/refurbished.

If it has not been restored, Lynn's question is begged: Where did he get it.
I'll add: How? Why would someone maintain a vehicle such, then let it go?
Death?

Brian
83 240D