I brought my Dad's 96 pickup home last fall, it had 11k miles on it when I left his place. He bought, drove it a year or so, had a stroke, and then it sat in the garage pretty much since then, though he get fluid changes and such every now and then. And new batteries. It is basically a brand-new 10 yr old truck, still smells like new. Only issue is the A/C loses charge every few months, I guess some of the seals got dried out while it sat.

I see cars like this advertised in estate sales occasionally, was an 86 Olds of some sort at a car auction a couple years back that had a few thousand miles on it, belonged to an old lady whose hubby died back then so the car sat in the garage, though she did keep it clean and serviced. Looked brand new. Went for less than $2k as it was not a particularly desirable car, would have been great for a kid or a second ride.

--R

Marshall Booth wrote:

Zoltan Finks wrote:
It looks like this guy restores vehicles. There is a section of his ebay
page that shows several other vehicles for sale. All of them that I looked
at are also immaculate. And the old Caddie is admittedly restored (and he's
asking some $50k).

I would say that even if the SD in question truly did have such low miles,
it has been - if not restored - at least detailed extensively. The condition
of the various parts indicate that they have been either meticulously
maintained, or replaced/refurbished.

If it has not been restored, Lynn's question is begged: Where did he get it.
I'll add: How? Why would someone maintain a vehicle such, then let it go?
Death?

There are LOTS of vehicles like that available in estate sales!

Marshall