A guy I hunt with bought a 9mm last fall, can't get any ammo. We stopped at a
gun shop a week ago, they had gotten a shipment of 9mm, it was all sold in like
20 minutes.
They did have a box of .22 short I picked up for my dad. I also scored a box of
.300 Savage "just because". When I got home I realized I had 3 other boxes.
Paid $39 for the new box, one of the boxes I have I bought back in the '90s for
$7...
The worst thing right now is that there aren't any primers to be had. Between
dad and I we've got lots of powder and bullets but not a ton of primers.
Looking at Gun Broker people are selling percussion caps for $30/100. I've got
300 I bought for $5/100 a year ago. Now I wish I'd bought a few thousand at
that price.
I just got a 12 pack of flints in and my local shop has a steady supply of
black powder...

-Curt

    On Sunday, February 14, 2021, 12:56:42 PM EST, Dan Penoff via Mercedes