Some years ago I had a spreadsheet that would compare various fuel sources. I
remember one year when oil was high and I didn't have good wood supply that
electric was the way to go. I also remember one year in the polar vortex where
I was really glad I'd laid in a good wood supply.
I buy my wood green, it increases in value by sitting in the backyard. With our
current boiler its slightly cheaper to heat with wood. Once we replace the
boiler and gain some efficiency it'll probably be cheaper to use oil. I'll
probably still burn a bunch of wood, it gives me something to do...
-Curt

    On Sunday, February 14, 2021, 9:01:17 PM EST, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > Most definitely cut down on the heat pump useable but by the time you pay
 > for firewood I don’t think it would be any cheaper.

If you have to buy firewood it's not cost-effective.  I've never paid for any,
but there's certainly
a labor component involved.

-- Jim