In an ideal world, we would have many more nuke plants, AND, we would have
replaced the entire transmission grid, some of which is now over 100 years
old and very vulnerable. Also, we would have large grid transformers
in storage, new, and ready for immediate installation, instead of having a
2 to 5 year supply chain delay to replace one that's damaged or failed.

Instead, our leadership finds other things to spend government money on.