Don't you need a nice large roofed over area to keep your cars under?

When I did mine the cost of the 24x32 south angled solar support structure was included in the gov rebates. Also happens to keep the rain off the cars or any projects I am working on.

MG

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:
I have a philosophical aversion to making decisions based on tax credits or anything involving gummint "help."

A friend of mine was all excited a few weeks ago about getting solar panels on his roof, tax credits and all that. He is a world-class ecologist and ocean researcher so he is into the environmental aspects of the schemes. Whatever. I popped by the other day to pick up something and he was lamenting the whole thing, the contractor (sourced through the electric company) was completely incompetent, etc. so he sent them on their way. The whole thing is on hold.

Another buddy apparently has a system installed now and is waiting for a Tesla battery to provide some stand-alone capacity in the event of power outage. I was over there recently but it was dark and I didn't see the install.

I have been thinking once I move to my more rural estate I might do some solar but it would likely require a solar "farm" i.e., free-standing panels on some racks or something because of the layout of the estate. But then I think about a tank of fuel with a generator to run things and that seems a better deal.

--FT