On 2022-05-31 15:19, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
The panels have gotten a LOT cheaper too. About 10 years ago I was
thinking of solar hot water instead of PV, the payoff was a lot
sooner. These days you can overbuild PV and use an electric hot water
heater as a dump load, so when you're making more power than you need
you just dump it into making hot water and get the same payoff as
doing solar hot water.

Looks like 2x1 meter panels are pushing 400W now.
Just a few years ago they were 320-360W.

Here's some US Made, utility quality panels.
A bit over 2 sq meters, but over 400W too.
I wonder what the seller paid when the solar utility went bust.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144553108310