No bubble, simple supply and demand economics.

Even in a hot market like Flagstaff where there are tons of investor owned
properties, things are starting to slow a bit. It’s partly due to the increase
in interest rates taking potential buyers on the fringes out coupled with the
peak time for the market.

There are 24 active listings in my neighborhood right now, a huge number
compared to last year, ranging from $500k to $2.5M. Seven of those listings
have cut prices in the last 2-3 weeks. Oldest DOM is 63 days. Last year at this
time they would have been long gone and under contract.

Zillow stopped buying homes some months ago, long before the market started to
slow. Their business model is unsustainable, and they were starting to
(finally) figure that out.

My neighborhood in Florida saw about a one and a half times increase in home
values. Up until recently, homes were selling in the mid-$400k range without
buyers blinking an eye. We had one top of the line property that someone really
tarted up that recently went under contract around $700k!

What’s really funny about this is that a property just listed a day or two ago
for $729k. No doubt someone trying to catch the peak before it’s gone, probably
driven by the recent $700k listing that hasn’t closed so we don’t really know
the selling price - yet. I doubt very much they’ll get their ask - they’re now
on the back side of the peak, in my opinion, and will likely take a beating on
the asking price.

I’ve already got my popcorn out to watch the show. If they get it, it’s good
for all of us. I really doubt they will.

-D