On 2022-07-19 12:26, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:

4. Unlike Internal Combustion powered cars, where the tech can do
compression checks, oil lab tests, etc, and gain a reasonable picture of the remaining service life of various components, the tech level does not yet exist, with supporting tools, to do a proper due diligence independent
inspection of an EV..

The equivalent of a compression check would be a battery capacity test.
It takes a while, requires a tech with some training on the EV software, and probably costs you multiple hundreds of dollars. I'm guessing $200-400 in a world where my local MBZ dealer wants $122 just to plug in the SDS and clear my transmission codes.