That's how we measure aircraft costs - $/hr.  Our Cessna burns 11.5
gal/hour at our normal cruise settings. I saw that non-ethanol 87 oct. gas
is 3.79/gal today at our usual station, so that works out to $43.59/hour
for fuel.
We haven't been flying it enough recently, and did some significant
avionics upgrades, so our total cost per hour - maintenance, repairs,
inspections, fuel and oil, etc. is right at $100/hour over the last five
years.
Now that fuel is below $4/gal, I need to go and fill the 55 gal drum - it's
empty now and the airplane is only half full.
We will fly it a couple of hours this weekend to calibrate a new Angle of
Attack sensor I installed a few weeks ago.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 11:55 AM Allan Streib via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2022, at 11:12, Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:
>
> > The truck also records time and since the last fill, I have had it
> > running for 9.6 hours and that works out to about $16.87 dollars per
> > hour. ... Somehow, cost per hour seems every bit as useful as miles
> > per gallon.
>
> Yes, it's interesting, and would be useful if you used the truck for work,
> so you know how much you need to earn per hour just to break even on fuel.
> Or how much your commute is costing you.
>
> Of course, you really need to include the fully loaded cost including
> wear and maintenance to have an accurate number. It's higher than a lot
> of people realize.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!