On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 11:12:53 -0500 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The computer in the truck said we were down to about 11.7 l per 100 K
> at one point but by the time we got home it was back up around 12.1.
> In any event, my numbers likely won't mean much to you folks south of
> the border

[craig ~]$ units
Currency exchange rates from 2012-10-24
2427 units, 68 prefixes, 64 nonlinear units

You have: 11.7 l / 100 km
You want: miles / gallon
        reciprocal conversion
        * 20.103811
        / 0.049741814
You have: 12.1 l / 100 km
You want: miles / gallon
        reciprocal conversion
        * 19.439222
        / 0.051442389

> but I thought the following was interesting. The truck also
> records time and since the last fill, I have had it running for 9.6
> hours and that works out to about $16.87 dollars per hour.
> Somehow, cost per hour seems every bit as useful as miles per gallon.

Yes, it is useful, but in a different way than mpg.

Craig