On 2022-10-15 07:52, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
Don’t believe the GIS maps your property appraiser uses. They’re
notoriously inaccurate and they will tell you that as well.

I asked our county GIS people about this in AZ because GIS shows my
house encroaching on the adjacent property, and I’m sure it’s not.

My house isn't square to the road, according to my iPhone compass and GIS. According to the former owner (who still owns the other acre), my garage is 1' on my property. According to my crude attempt at measuring before I bought it, it's 3-5' on my property. According to GIS, the front corner of the garage is about a foot on my property and the back corner crosses the line.

So GIS and the guy who had to buy an extra acre in the middle of building the house 45 years say about the same thing.