Welcome to the world of banking technology.

They’re called “ITMs”, or interactive teller machines. My credit union has been
rolling them out over the past 2-3 years. They’re great in my opinion, as they
allow the credit union to have expanded hours, like on Saturdays, and the ITMs
can dispense larger amounts of money. Believe it or not, my credit union has a
teller limit of $5k in the branches, but I can get up to $7k from an ITM that's
right outside in the drive through lane. My branch has two ITMs and two ATMs,
I’ve rarely had to wait for either.

As I understand it at my credit union, the ITM tellers are located both at
their headquarters as well as at branches, where tellers are retasked for ITM
service when things are slow at the teller windows. I’ve been very pleased with
ours and use them with some regularity. I like the fact that when I might want
to grab a large sum of cash, say, to buy a car, that I don’t have to walk
around with when I go into a branch.

FYI - most ATM limits are $300 per day/transaction, although this can be
different based on the financial institution’s policies.

-D