While at the old CrossFit gym this morning I noticed a burley wire rack/shelf
was coming down from the wall; the undersized drywall anchors were coming out.
Since I’m currently in a five day no workout phase (to get a more accurate PSA
number in my labs), I figured I’d fix it.
Whoever put the shelf up utilized the too wee anchors because they were butted
up against the metal studs for the wall. I reckoned I’d drill through the stud
and utilize Molly bolts so that biotch will not come down again.
I scurried home and grabbed the tools to make this happen. As I rummaged
through my hand-me-down drill bits, I finally found the seldom used 1/2”. After
drilling a 3/8” pilot hole, I went after it with the 1/2” bit….and I broke it.
Yes, I broke a 1/2” drill bit with seemingly little effort.
I returned to my shitshow of bits to see if there was another 1/2”, I realized
I’ve been using this mish mash of bits all my life. What an epiphany. Harbor
freight, here I come.
$19 later, 1/8” thru 1/2” titanium bits in a tidy case.  These will do.

AZBob

Sent from my iPad