On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 10:52:01 -0500 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 10/07/2023 4:52 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:30:23 -0500 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have no where near the knowledge or experience that some of you
> >> have with electronics and computers etc., BUT I do have a
> >> Hallicrafters Shortwave Receiver on a shelf in my basement and it
> >> still works.
> >
> > What model is it?
>
> I checked and it is an S-85.

https://www.rigpix.com/hallicrafters/s85.htm

It's a nice looking radio. You can even get a PDF of the User Manual on
that page, which is much more than a user manual -- it has dial cord
stringing information, signal-generator alignment specs, and a schematic.

Craig