On 2023-09-13 16:18, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:13:07 -0400 mitch--- via Mercedes

You can buy an interlock plate which is a sliding piece of sheet metal
which physically prevents you from having the topmost circuit breaker
and the main breaker turned on at the same time. I'm not up to date on
whether this is code compliant, but it does physically prevent
backfeeding the grid through the breaker the interlock blocks.

I bought a special lock-out meter panel for our house in Los Alamos when
we were remodeling it. That's the kind of lock-out device it came with.
I had no problem with the State Electrical Inspector approving it., but
then UL had approved it so I should not have.

I know it was code.
I also know that code keeps changing.
Like requiring $80 arc fault breakers instead of $8 regular breakers.