Agreed. I used to get 23 with my 350/350 combo in an 81 Chebbie pickup with a carb...A quadrajunk at that. Just don't understand why, with all of the EFI and such that all cars can't get at least 20.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anyone Have Carfax?

Mike Canfield wrote:

That's what I am saying.......Seems if they can get that out of a pickup
then it should be relatively easy in the SUV's.....Not so I guess.

What's a diesel Excursion get?
Can it match an automatic F250? (probably not)

I'm 95% sure Jim was talking about his Cummins/Dodge 2500.
When you look at the number of cars rated at 40+ mpg hwy 25 years ago vs today, it's pretty pathetic. OTOH, nobody seems to want a car with the performance
of a 1.6L Escort today.