You seem to miss the big picture. These cameras are operated by private companies who benifit from you getting a ticking from their camera that THEY control. So those things often will give you a ticket or say you ran a light when you really didnt.

Curt Raymond wrote:

Conjecture? How is "My wife pulled a U turn right in front of one while the light
was red." conjecture? Didn't you just say she ran a red light? Isn't that illegal?
If its illegal and you get caught you should be punished. If you get a ticket
for doing something illegal and you decide to ignore it they should take you
license away. Thats what they'll do here. A guy I used to work with had a stack
of unpaid parking tickets and they took away his license. One day he got pulled
over for something stupid like a taillight out and they took him to jail...

Now if you want to fight the camera as impinging your "privacy" whats that
mean? You want the right to run red lights with impunity? Your right to break the law has
been violated?

Somehow that doesn't make much sense to me and I'm fairly liberal...

-Curt