Now that's an awesome idea.  if not impractical to implement on every single
light. (:

On 10/4/06, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Levi Smith wrote:

> Agreed then that really the only issue is the length of the yellow
light.
> As long as I have enough time to see the light turn yellow and come to a
> stop without moderately heavy braking there should be no issue.

I was on a road north of Columbus, OH, and there were warning lights
about 1/8 mile from the intersections. If the lights are flashing, the
traffic light is going to be red or yellow when you get there, so you
may as well lift throttle now and coast to the intersection. I imagine
it not only increases safety but saves fuel too.

Mitch.