Michael,

    the only people that have "issues" with privacy as it relates to traffic
cams are people that don't understand that they aren't in private when they're
out in the public,... how is that a difficult concept?   ;-P

    i can't speak for any state other than CA (and you could check in your own
state if you really cared), but i know for a fact that here it's illegal to put
*anything* over your license plate. that has been literally interpreted to mean
that even license plate frame are prohibited, but includes those covers
that are supposedly to keep your tags clean, as well as those that (are
supposed to) diffuse the flash from traffic cams.

    if you really wanted to go stealth, you could do like the moto-hoodlums
here; take some Scotchlight material in the color of the lettering on your tags
and trim it to closely match the letters on your plates; that would reflect the
flash like the background of the tags does (tag background is white here),
rendering an image of a washed out tag with no lettering visible.
    shouldn't be any problem at all for someone who's shown the disregard for
safety and the intent of the law like you have,...

cheers!