[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As a salesman I always ran these cars way over 200K miles. The first and second generation 1986 to 1995 Taurus and Sables. Look at the mileage on this one. 3.0 Liter was the better engine, no head
gasket problems.  Tom Scordato

After several emails to the seller, she finally confirmed that the car actually has 160k miles. Nothing personal, and I've known several other satisfied Taurus owners, but looking at the list of work needed and knowing that such problems are so common, this is exactly the sort of garbage I've come to expect from Ford. I was unsurprised then to read, with a bit of schadenfreude, that they mortgaged the rights to the Blue Oval itself this week. I'm gonna laugh my head off when Toyota ends up owning it.

Tom